- FindStars( ) gets the location and brightest pixel of stars in the given
image. Included are subroutines to find and reject bright pixels and compute
a star centroid. Based on code by Elwood Downey, UIowa
- rotFITS( ) rotates an image by 90, 180, or 270 degrees, with an optional
left-right reflection before the rotation.
- SetWCSFITS( ) uses findStars to find the stars in an image, gscread to
find the Guide Stars in the nominal image region, any of four
matching methods to register image stars with catalog stars, and a
fitting subroutine to fit a plate-tangent WCS to an image. Based on
code by Elwood Downey, UIowa)
- StarMatch( ) takes a list of reference star positions and a list
of object coordinates from an image and finds the image offset which
matches the most reference objects to the most image objects.
- FluxSortStars( ) sorts a list of stars by flux. MagSortStars( ) sorts a
list of stars by magnitude, where the magnitude occupies the same
variable as the flux would have. RASortStars( ) sorts a list of stars by
- Defaults for parameters used by processing subroutines. Many of
these can also be changed on the command lines of the programs which
use the affected subroutines.