Image I/O and Access Subroutines
- Subroutines to convert dates and times between various formats.
(Added in version 2.6.3)
- FITS header and image reading and writing subroutines, including some
FITS table support.
(Changed from fitsio.c in version 2.4, 6 August 1998)
- GetWCSFITS( ) returns a WCS structure used by wcs.c subroutines from a FITS
or IRAF .imh image, reading only the header.
- DelWCSFITS( ) deletes standard WCS keywords from the image header.
- Subroutines to extract values from FITS headers by keyword.
- Subroutines for parsing RA and Dec strings are included.
- Subroutines to implant values into FITS headers by keyword (and to
- Subroutines to read and write values into arbitrarily-typed 2D
- IRAF header and image reading and writing subroutines. IRAF headers
are converted to FITS headers for use by other programs and can be
derived from FITS headers for writing. Both version 1 (IRAF2.10.4 and
earlier) and version 2 (IRAF 2.11 and later) .imh files are supported
for both reading and writing.
(Changed from imhio.c in version 2.4, 6 August 1998)
- Declarations of FITS and IRAF file access subroutines.
- Declarations of FITS header access subroutines.
(IRAF .imh headers are turned into FITS headers when read.)