contsum sets the parameters to be used to fit the continuum of
spectra on which
is being run.
It is an IRAF "pset"; invocation causes eparam to
be run on the file contsum.par.
The following parameters may be modified:
- c_interactive no
- Fit continuum interactively (yes or no). If yes, a
graph of the spectrum
and the continuum fit is plotted to stdgraph, with rejected points flagged.
The program waits until one of the following keys is typed:
- q accept the fit and continue the main task,
- ? print options,
- d delete pointnearest to cursor,
- u undelete point nearest to cursor,
- f refit and redraw the data.
- c_sample "*"
- Sample of points to use in fit. "*" = all.
- c_function spline3
- Continuum fitting function (spline3 or legendre or chebyshev or spline1)
- naverage 1
- Number of points in sample averaging
- order 1
- Order of fitting function
- s_low_reject 2.
- Spectrum continuum fit minimum acceptance limit in sigma of fit
- s_high_reject 2.
- Spectrum continuum fit maximum acceptance limit in sigma of fit
- t_low_reject 2.
- Template continuum fit minimum acceptance limit in sigma of fit
- t_high_reject 2.
- Template continuum fit maximum acceptance limit in sigma of fit
- niterate 10
- Number of rejection iterations
- grow 1.
- Rejection growing radius
To set continuum fit parameters,
Last updated 20 October 2003